Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS OPHTHALMOLOGY (KING GEORGES' MEDICAL UNIVERSITY, LUCKNOW, INDIA), FELLOWSHIP TRAINED
14102772

HI there, I would like to know is there anything I can do

HI there,

I would like to know is there anything I can do ,I had the ulcer in my eye removed a few months ago but it seems to be coming back .I need to know is this curable
regards
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.

Do you mean to say that you had a corneal ulcer?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

HI there,

I had the ulcer removed by means of a operation and now its just coming back

I would really appreciate yor help

Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.
There are many kinds of lesions in different areas of the eyes and so the treatment varies. Could you tell me whether the ulcer was on eye lids or white part of the eye or the central cornea? Thanks.
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.

All ulcers are treatable. The ones present on the central part i.e, cornea are more risky as may cause loss of vision. I think you had a chalazion on the eye lid which was removed by means of a small surgery. It may recurr but it has a very good prognosis. It does not affect vision and can be removed again. Thanks.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

the ulcer eas on the central cornea

regards

Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.

Then it is risky as it may cause opacity in the visual axis and affect vision. In some cases it may get cured and in some it may not. Herpetic corneal are known for recurrence. However, it is still possible to cure it. But sometimes, the response may not be good. Eventuall, a therapeutic penetrating keratoplasty may be done in some cases not responsive to medical therapy. Since, the treating ophthalmologist would be knowing best about your corneal ulcer, he is in a much better position to explain you the future course and prognosis. Thanks and best wishes.