Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS OPHTHALMOLOGY (KING GEORGES' MEDICAL UNIVERSITY, LUCKNOW, INDIA), FELLOWSHIP TRAINED
14102772

For the past 6 months each afternoon my eyes become very heavy

For the past 6 months each afternoon my eyes become very heavy and often "bleary" and frequently very unfocussed. I have noticed this is now happening earlier in the day andits getting worse. I am 57 on no medication and am concerned my eyes are fading. I wear reading glasses and these are updated regularly. Last visit 6 months ago for new scrip
Submitted: 6 years ago via HealthBoards.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 6 years ago.

Eyes becoming heavy and blurry could be due to a refractive error. Since, your last visit was 6 months back you should see an ophthalmologist/optometrist again for a check-up. You could be having developing cataract causing this change in prescription glasses. You may be required to wear glasses for distance as well. Dryness in eyes is another possibility for which you may require lubricating drops like Refresh Tears or Systane. Thanks and best wishes.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.

Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 6 years ago.
Do you have any more questions?