Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye Physician and Surgeon

mucus on the corners of both my eyes..two other eye

Male, 54 yrs old; In the morning I have a significant amount of mucus on the corners of both my eyes. Additionally, I have two pimples on the inside of my eyelid that have been there for several months. Now my other eye is developing these pimples. What is causing this and is there anything I can do about the mucus and the pimples. The pimples are starting to cause some pain.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. James replied 6 years ago.

Are the located within the eyelids?
When was the last time your eyes were examined?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
There are 3 inside the eye lid. Two within the eyelids of one eye and one in the other. The last time I was at the eye doctor was 1 year ago. Regular check up.
Expert:  Dr. James replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for the additional information.

What you are describing are suggestive of a stye. A stye occurs when oil glands in your eyelids get blocked, very similar to a pimple. Treatment is to apply warm compresses to the area 3-4 times a day. This helps to soften the blocked oils and allows it to self drain.

Sometimes the stye can cause an infection that spread throughout the eyelid. In this case, antibiotics pills are needed. If you notice increasing swelling or pain, see your primary care doctor or ophthalmologist for a prescription.

Remember to press the green accept button. It was a pleasure helping you with your question. Best wishes to you. Feel free to ask any additional questions.