Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye Physician and Surgeon

My eye has been watering for about a week now, and yesterday

My eye has been watering for about a week now, and yesterday the inside corner of my right eye became extremely tender to the touch. It was accompanied by a sharp pain in my forehead near my hairline....not a headache but a pain. It has continued into today. Can you help me?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. James replied 6 years ago.

It appears you have conjunctivitis, which is inflammation of the clear mucous membrane covering the whites of your eyes. I'd recommend you see your ophthalmologist for an evaluation. He can prescribe medication that will reduce the inflammation and your discomfort.

Please remember to press the accept button so I can receive credit for assisting you.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Could it have anything to do with allergies? I had a sinus infection (I thing) for about the past week, which has traveled to my ears, nose, etc. I went to the doctor and was given some type of steroid prescription but it was only enough for 3 days. Just curious if any of this information helps

Expert:  Dr. James replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for the additional information.

SInus infections can cause conjunctivitis as well since the eyes and nasal passages are connected. Allergies are a possibility as well and often have symptoms of burning and itching.

Steroid eye drops would be helpful.