Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS OPHTHALMOLOGY (KING GEORGES' MEDICAL UNIVERSITY, LUCKNOW, INDIA), FELLOWSHIP TRAINED
14102772

My eyes are very sensitive to the slightest force of air and

My eyes are very sensitive to the slightest force of air and will water incessantly - especially in the cold. Has this ever been diagnosed in another patient?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 6 years ago.

This could be due to many reasons. The tear duct duct could be blocked. You need to see an ophthalmologist to check the patency of the tear passage. Other possibilities could be allergy, dryness, blepharitis etc. Watering from the eyes is a very common condition. Since, watering is excessive it may be due to a block in tear passage. Thanks and best wishes.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
But it only happens when air hits the eyes...it can be the slightest little bit of air and my eyes will start watering..it doesn't even have to be directly blown onto my eye..just air circulation.
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 6 years ago.

You will have to rule out the possibilities, I have mentioned above. Also a refractive error is to be ruled out. If watering is not excessive then it may not be due to a block in tear passage. Slight watering is common in windy condition but in people who have the conditions mentioned above, the response can be exagerrated. Thanks.