Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist

My eyes are yellowish red. I use my latop all day, my sleeping

Customer Question

My eyes are yellowish red. I use my latop all day, my sleeping hours are never same. my diet is worst. I want my eyes to be white. What do I do? any eye drops?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 6 years ago.

Is there any itching present?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no itching, they water sumtimes whn i dnt sleep for long hours like for 2 days. I think they are red becoz of my sleepless nights. I hardly sleep 5 hours a day. And they can be any five hours eithr at night or in morning. some days i dnt do nothing except for sleeping.
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 6 years ago.

You are most likely to be having dry eyes as a result of sitting too much on computer. You should use a preservative free lubricating drops like Refresh Tears frequently. Also try to give rest to your eyes while working on your computer. While working on computer you should try to blink in between as that is reduced and adds to dryness. Also the level of computer screen should be lower than the level of eyes so that they do not open widely. Try to get adequate sleep as well. All this should help to make your eyes whiter. Thanks and best wishes.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
are there any side effects. Is tht a permanent cure? How long and How frequent I Should use the drops? please suggest, Thank you
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 6 years ago.

You may be allergic to the drop. That is also not likely. You can use it 4-8 times a day. If you take care of your eyes then yes in the ways suggested then yes it will help. Thanks.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I've been reading about dry eye, and I foundout it is incurable. As my eyes cannot produce enough tear drops and If I start adding eye drops for lubricating my eyes, does that mean I have to keep doing that for the rest of my life?
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 6 years ago.

No, it does not mean that you will have to continue using that. There can be many causes for dry eyes. Not all are permanent. Most are treatable. You have to treat the underlying cause like blepharitis, meibomitis etc. You are having dry eyes probably as a result of sitting too much on computers. If you check that you will feel better. Thanks.