Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince

i wear contacts. i was working with a drop ceiling this morning

i wear contacts. i was working with a drop ceiling this morning and believe that i got some matter in my eye. even after i removed my contacts, my vision was cloudy, as though i was looking throught smoke. i also have ongoing burning sensations in both eyes. previously, i've noticed floaters (about 1 month) and have had some pain in one eye/ i have an appt for tomorrow with an eye doc, but want to make sure i shouldnt get immed attn.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 6 years ago.

Since you have pain in the eye with fall of foreign body, with burning of the eye with lubricating eye drops , indicates a lesion of the cornea. It is better to get the eye examined at the earliest and not wait till tomorrow . Discontinue the wear of contacts till the cornea heals completely.

You will need a detailed eye examination of the eyes on the slit lamp to know the corneal involvement. If only superficial cornea is affected you will need antibiotic eye drops and ointment .

Thanks and best wishes

If you are satisfied with the answer , please press the accept button so that I get my dues.

A bonus and positive feedback are welcome.