Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon
25472284

CAN GLASSES BE MADE FOR AN WITH 2200 to 2500 VISION IN IT

CAN GLASSES BE MADE FOR AN eye WITH 2200 to 2500 VISION IN IT?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer:

I assume you are inquiring about the magnifying glass strength?

Thanks
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
something to make him see a little bit better
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 6 years ago.

Thank you so much for your reply:

With your history of orbital decompression surgery, it is likely that your have optic neuropathy and significant decreased acuity, not so much due refractive error, but due to nerve damage in processing visual signal. The focus for improving your vision should be refining the constant sensitivity of your glasses. The 2200 to 2500 magnifying lens can be converted by the low vision specialist to a power number that can be put in glasses or contacts to help magnify the image and with better contrast for you.

I suggest that you request for your eye doctor to recommend the best low vision specialist inb your area - I trust that they will assist you with making such glasses or contacts. May God bless.

Please, feel free to clarify any further question(s). I'm here to assist you to your satisfaction.

Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.