Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye Physician and Surgeon

I have had twitch on upper left eylid for 3 weeks and some

I have had twitch on upper left eylid for 3 weeks and some pain in muscles arund both eyes. Also stressrelated triggered Irr. Bowel Synd. for three moths after fear of catching the flu - triggering problems. Have fear of no change in that eyecondition after so long time. Any advice? I am 64 Male. Missing good health of last year..
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. James replied 6 years ago.

Eyelid twitching is often a sign of underlying irritation to the eyes. Dry eyes is a common cause. You should try artificial tears 4-6 times a day to soothe the eyes. Stress, lack of sleep, and caffeine intake can also contribute to the problem.

Most cases of eyelid twitching will eventually go away. Since it has been 3 weeks already, however, I'd recommend you see your doctor for a full exam.

Please remember to press the accept button if my answer so I can receive credit for assisting you.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Is my problem of grinding teth involontary during sleep related?
Expert:  Dr. James replied 6 years ago.

Grinding of the teeth is not related to your eyelid twitch. It's likely related to your overall stress level. You may consider seeing a dentist regarding a guard when sleeping at night.