Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS OPHTHALMOLOGY (KING GEORGES' MEDICAL UNIVERSITY, LUCKNOW, INDIA), FELLOWSHIP TRAINED
14102772

strange aspect of this problem is that the eye only bothers

strange aspect of this problem is that the eye only bothers me every second day and has been like that for as long as I can remember. I cannot identify anything different happening on that day.

Please help.

John.

Please, describe your problem in greater detail so that I can help you. Thanks.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

My left eye is usually worst in the morning when I get up and later in the evening. The sensation is a burning feeling. when I get up in the morning the fluid in the eye seems to contribute to this sensation. If I take a kleenex to remove the fluids it seems to help but for a very short time. Adding drops also seems to help. The irritation varies from day to day . On the really bad days the eye is quite red but on other days when it bothers me the eye has no visible signs of the irritation.

This is about all I can think of for the eye.

Thanks.

John.

How old are you?

Have you seen an ophthalmologist yet?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes,he's the docyor that recommended the eye drops.

You may be having blepharitis or recurrent corneal erosion syndrome. In blepharitis, lid hygiene is very important and lids should be daily scrubbed with dilauted baby shampoo. Warm compresses also help. At bedtime you can apply an eye ointment like Tetracycline. A preservative free lubricating drop like Refresh Tears will help.

Managment of recurrent corneal erosions involve lubricating drops, bandage contact lens, debridement of the epithelium and sometimes anterior stromal micropuncture. I would advise you to see a cornea specialist to confirm the diagnosis and start treatment. Thanks and best wishes.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.