Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist

I spashed a little diluted bleach in my eye about an hour ago.

I spashed a little diluted bleach in my eye about an hour ago. It was a capful of bleach in about half a sink of water. I don't remember it ever stinging. I started splashing my eye out about 30 seconds later and when I got home from work I rinsed and splashed for about 11 minutes. My vision is fine. My eye is a little sore, but that might be from all the water I splashed in it. Should I do anything else?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 6 years ago.

It's good that you have thoroughly washed your eyes. This helps to remove any chemical if present which mat harm the eye. The complications that could arise include corneal epithelial defect, corneal opacity, stem cell loss, infection etc. It would be safer to see an ophthalmologist to rule these out though the chances are that your eyes would be fine. You may require anti-biotic/lubricant drops for prevention of infection. If an ophthalmologist is not available, you may even see an optometrist. Thanks and best wishes.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.