Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon

my left eye keeps twitching (upper lid ) its driving me crazy

my left eye keeps twitching (upper lid )
its driving me crazy can you tell me what to do to get it to stop

thank you

Welcome to Just Answer:

How long has that been happening?

Any problem with dry eyes? itching?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
about 2 weeks my eyes are no dryer than normal for me the twitching is driving me nuts im a collage student and reading and test are hard now cause of the twitching
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i was wondering if you had an anwser for me

Welcome to Just Answer:

Eye twitching can occur, either due to nerve cornea irritation from tiny foreign body from wind or unintentional dust, eye muscle strain from imbalance between eyes. Strained eye and/or stress related anxiety cause also cause this problem of blepharospasm. I suggest that you use Zaditor (over the counter) eye drop twice daily to sooth the eye from strain. In addition, use preservative free tear drop such as Refresh or Genteal 4 times daily in the affected eye for about 1 weeks. It is also possible that the strain and stress of studying for prolonged period is causing one of the eye to do more work in focusing - this can happen if there is imbalance in the refraction (prescription need) of both eyes. So, if this fails to resolve in 1 week, I suggest that you follow-up with your eye doctor for check of refractive error in both eyes, and possible correction to reduce any imbalance.

Please, feel free to clarify any further question(s). I'm here to assist you to your satisfaction.

Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.