Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye Physician and Surgeon

My daughter (7 yrs) old has complained of blurry vision in

My daughter (7 yrs) old has complained of blurry vision in one eye this week. We have taken her to a OPSM to have her eys checked and they found nothing wrong with her vision (maybe a little different in left eye) but nothing that requires any further investigation. My daughter is upset as she not going to get glassess to help her see - The kind of suggested she is making it up? Is this possible and what are my next steps
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. James replied 6 years ago.

It is common for children to complain of blurry vision because they are wanting glasses. Often times, it is because others at school have glasses as well. There are ways to check to see if your daughter needs a glasses prescription or not.

You may consider a visit to another optometrist for a second opinion if your doubt the first exam, but children complaining of blurry vision wanting glasses is a consideration in this case.

Please remember to press the ACCEPT if my answer was helpful.