Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Board Certified Ophthalmologist
8112280

my left eye in the inner corner is red pinkish. I saw my pcp

my left eye in the inner corner is red pinkish. I saw my pcp x8 days ago because I thought I had pink eye. both my yojung kids had colds at this time, and one still does. my pcp gave me an anti-biotic eye drop that I took for four days. I normally wear contacts but kept them out for that x4 day period. This past Tuesday, I a new pair of contacts in and my eyes seemed better. (right eye was slighly red). two days later, my left eye, inner corner was red again. I took my contacts back out and started back on the eye drops my pcp gave me. do I need to see an optomologist?

Hello there

how long have you been using contacts (years) ? do you wear them all day ? do your eyes feel dry or irritated at the end of the day ? is there any discharge from the eyes ?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have been wearing contacts sincve age 16. so many years. trhe kind I wear now are the disposable ones. i wear them all day and take them out at night to sleep, normally. Yes, my eyes do feel iratated at the end of most days and the worse when I am tired. no discharge.

Hello there

the lack of discharge from the eyes really points to a problem other than a pink eye. The antibiotics probably would have taken care of that issue as well. Having worn decades for 2 decades, it is possible that you are developing a dry eye syndrome due to contact lens wear and you may need to be using lubricants through out the day to help keep your eyes from becoming irritated. In addition, I recommend using the contacts for a shorter duration throughout the day. I do recommend a visit to the ophthalmologist to check your eyes and evaluate the surface for what I suspect. I wish you well, Dr. Stevens