Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince

my right eye has been twitching for the past couple of weeks..

my right eye has been twitching for the past couple of weeks.. doesn't matter how much rest I get. .. I'm a therapist.. read a lot.. play my violin.. work out. I'm healthy. Wear contacts most of the time I'm up. I notice the twitching is lessened when the contacts are out but I still have the twitching. I just finished playing my violin.. and my right eye vision became blurred... noticeably so.. foggy like.. and now 10 minutes later... it's back to normal. Should I be alarmed about this? I do have cervical compression from years of running and sports in the military. Any suggestions? Thank you for your time.

Twitching of the eyes is usually due to improper neuromuscular impulses.There may not be any specific cause for these. But those who wear contact lenses , the incidence of dry eyes is more. And in dry eyes there is formation of dry spots in the tear film and blinking reforms the tear film. Excessive blinking is a reflex in order to overcome the dryness.

You will benefit with lubricating eye drops like Refresh tears, 1 drop 4 times a day.

B-complex multivitamins help in regularising the neuromuscular impulses. you can take 1 tab.B-complex once a day for 1 month.

Wearing of contact lenses for prolonged duration deprives the cornea of adequate oxygen and results in its fogginess which gets reverted once the contacts are removed.
There is no need for alarm.You can avoid wearing contact lenses for more than 8 hours a day continously.

Thanks and best wishes

If you are satisfied with the answer , please press the accept button so that I get my dues.

A bonus and positive feedback are welcome.