Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Board Certified Ophthalmologist

what suggestions would you have to help FlashBurn of the e

Customer Question

what suggestions would you have to help FlashBurn of the eye?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stevens replied 6 years ago.
What exactly happened and when ? what are you experiencing ? how is the vision ?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The gentleman is a body tech and he was welding a vehicle, his eye is red and feels like it has sand in it, it happened yesterday. He said it is called Weld Burn or Flash Burn

Hello there

my suggestion at this point is to purchase some stuff called Refresh pm ointment (or a similar lubricating ointment). This stuff is available at most drug stores, walmart, etc. He should use it every hour and place some in his eyes. This is a lubricant and will help reduce the foreign body sensation and help the eye heal. If this feels any worse within 24 hours, he should go to an urgent care and have it checked out but typically flash burns are very self limiting and heal quickly. I wish him well, Dr. Stevens

I hope I answered your question fully, please do not forget to press Accept so I can get paid for my work. Regards XXXXX XXXXX