Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon

Yesterday I had some flashing in my left I have

Yesterday I had some flashing in my left I have little floaters that move around and kind of look like black spider webs...should I see a Dr?

Welcome to Just Answer:

It is likely that you are experiencing the flashing and floaters due to posterior vitreous detachment (PVD). It is common with age, and usually not harmful, unless it becomes severe and effects you vision significantly. At that point the retina eye doctor could decide to remove the melted vitreous that is causing the PVD. In general, what happens is that with age the clear gel inside the eye sometimes melt in pockets at different locations, and sometimes the area of the melted vitreous detach from the back of the eye - and this is what causes the floaters and flashes. However, retina detachment can cause flashes and floaters, but often more severe. So, while this is likely a PVD, I would suggest that you plan a visit to eye doctor for a complete dilated eye examination to exclude any other problem.

Please, feel free to clarify any further question(s). I'm here to assist you to your satisfaction.

Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.