Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist

microscope to screen cervical eyes..back

I work part-time in a lab using a microscope to screen cervical smears. I felt tired today because I had a late night, but otherwise OK. Suddenly my vision was extremely distorted and I didn't want to open my eyes, then when I did I had double vision for a few minutes, then it went back to normal. I also had a slight headache. I sometimes get migraines of the arcing lights variety, but never this. I have had my eyes tested recently and wear glasses for reading. Should I be worried?
A transient episode of double vision as you are describing may have no clinical significance. It may happen due to loss of fusion mechanism of the central nervous system that maintains straightness. It could have been due to stress or headache. If it persists then you can see an ophthalmologist for an examination. Thanks and best wishes.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.