Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist

I have redness in the corner of my right eye closest to my

I have redness in the corner of my right eye closest to my nose. It itches a little and when I try to scratch it, it feels sore, like there is a pressure behind my eye. This began last night at around 8:00 pm EST and is continuing today. I am not running a fever and feel fine. I also have six week old baby but she is not showing any syptoms and seems fine.

Hello Icbailey07,

Is the vision affected?

Is there any discharge present?

Could you attach a photo of your eye?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I am not able to attach a picture of my eye but I included a link to a picture of an eye that looks very similar to my eye. There is no discharge, or crust around the eye. My vision is not affected.

This could be from early pterygium, allergy or episcleritis. A detailed slit lamp examination by an ophthalmologist can confirm the diagnosis. If there is no pain pterygium or allergy is more likely. You can use a lubricating drop like Refresh Tears. If it does not help then see an ophthalmologist. Thanks and best wihses.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you very much for the information.
You're most welcome.