Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS OPHTHALMOLOGY (KING GEORGES' MEDICAL UNIVERSITY, LUCKNOW, INDIA), FELLOWSHIP TRAINED
14102772

I have redness in the corner of my right eye closest to my

I have redness in the corner of my right eye closest to my nose. It itches a little and when I try to scratch it, it feels sore, like there is a pressure behind my eye. This began last night at around 8:00 pm EST and is continuing today. I am not running a fever and feel fine. I also have six week old baby but she is not showing any syptoms and seems fine.

Hello Icbailey07,

Is the vision affected?

Is there any discharge present?

Could you attach a photo of your eye?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I am not able to attach a picture of my eye but I included a link to a picture of an eye that looks very similar to my eye. There is no discharge, or crust around the eye. My vision is not affected.

http://img16.imageshack.us/i/p1010214v.jpg/

This could be from early pterygium, allergy or episcleritis. A detailed slit lamp examination by an ophthalmologist can confirm the diagnosis. If there is no pain pterygium or allergy is more likely. You can use a lubricating drop like Refresh Tears. If it does not help then see an ophthalmologist. Thanks and best wihses.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you very much for the information.
You're most welcome.