Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon

I am getting greenish puss in the corner of the eye and the

I am getting greenish puss in the corner of the eye and the eye hurts like something is scratching it. Is there anything over the counter I can by to help ease some of the pain until I can get in to see a doctor
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer:

It appears that you are experiencing the symptom of bacterial conjunctivitis, such as Pseudomonas infection. You really need antibiotics eye drop such as tobramycin 4 times daily, in addition to closer evaluation. In general antibiotics eye drops are not sold over the counter. However, you make ask your local pharmacist for any eye drop antibiotics over the counter. In addition, it is likely that the cause of the infection is a foreign body in the corner of the eye, and needs to be carefully removed. I suggest that you follow-up with your eye doctor for closer evaluation.

Please, feel free to clarify any further question(s). I'm here to assist you to your satisfaction.

Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.