Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist

Approx a year ago, I came online to get answers to surgery

Customer Question

Approx a year ago, I came online to get answers to surgery I had "Dettached Retia" after 3 surgerys and a year later I finally stopped taken the drops perscribe by the surgeon, I guess now its all about healing. I am here because my surgeon doesnt seem to have time so here I am. My eye is still dilated but not as much and I have a very small black spot just underneath it, what is it??? How long do I have to wait untill I can put a contact back in, and what can I expect after I do
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 6 years ago.

You should not stop taking the drops without consulting your ophthalmologist. The drops could have been pressure lowering drops or anything and can cause harm to the eye. Dilated pupil may be due to raised pressure. Secondary glaucoma can be seen in retina surgeries. Black spot may be the site of entry wound during surgery. The surgeon would know it. You can wear contacts if the eye is fine. I would advise you to consult your doctor in case you need any drops. Thanks and best wishes.

Please, click the ACCEPT button so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a positive feedback will be appreciated

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Actually the doctor was the one that took me off the drops. So what can l expect have l can put my contacts in
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 6 years ago.
Yes, if the doctor advised you to stop the drops then you can go for contacts. Thanks.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Just one last question if you would not mind please. So how long will the eye be dilated for it seems forever. Its been almost month now since Ive stopped with all the drops and finally why hasnt my doctor told me that I can put a contact in, again thank you very much for all your time. FYI it is. Dr. Armagon
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 6 years ago.

You can ask as many questions as you want. I am not sure why your eye is dilated That could be from many reasons like optic nerve damage, secondary glaucoma, macular pathology etc. Even medications can cause that but that is not likely as you have stopped all the medicationsfor about a month.

Your doctor may not be knowing that you want to use contacts rather than glasses or there could be some problem for which he does not want you to wear it. You need to discuss it with him. Thanks.