Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon

I had cataract surgery almost three weeks ago. I still have

I had cataract surgery almost three weeks ago. I still have blurry vision in that eye.
Is that normal ? I'm concerned that it may continue. Thank you.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer:

It is likely that you still have have unresolved eye inflammation, and possibly the beginning of formation of film tissue at the back of your lens implant. Another possibility is that you still have some uncorrected astigmatism after the surgery. It would be necessary to follow-up with your eye doctor to re-check your refraction, check for any unresolved inflammation, and possible adjust or re-start you on anti-inflammatory drops. Also important, I suggest that your eye doctor dilate your eye(s) and exclude any swelling at the back of the eye (cystoid macular edema), in addition to checking your eye pressure.

Please, feel free to clarify any further question(s). I'm here to assist you to your satisfaction.

Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.