Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS OPHTHALMOLOGY (KING GEORGES' MEDICAL UNIVERSITY, LUCKNOW, INDIA), FELLOWSHIP TRAINED
14102772

At my annual eye exam, the optometrist found what she called

At my annual eye exam, the optometrist found what she called "pigment clusters on the optic nerve" during opthalmoscopy. She said she saw one spot on one eye and a couple spots on the other eye. She recommended I see an opthalmologist but said it was most likely nothing to worry about. Is this most likely the same thing as a freckle or mole on the eye?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.

HelloCustomer

No, it is not the samething as a freckle or mole on the eye though I am not sure what he meant by pigment clusters on the optic nerve. He probably was referrring to choroidal sclerosis or myopic crescent around the optic nerve. You do not need to worry about these 2 things though. However, you should see an ophthalmologist for a dilated eye examination to ensure that this is what he meant. Thanks and best wishes.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.