Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon
25472284

my eyes are shaking from time to time and i cannot control.

Customer Question

my eyes are shaking from time to time and i cannot control. no pain. i wear contacts. little nervous
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer:

How long have you had this problem?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
just started recently more in one eye than the other
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for your reply.

It appears that you may be experiencing symptoms for spasm due to either irritation from dry eyes, intermittent tropia, phoria, blepharospasm, or nystagmus. It is likely that your eyes gets irritated for dryness, so I suggest that you start by using preservative free tear drop such as Refresh or Genteal drop 4 times daily for about 1 week, and then if it fails to resolve to follow-up with your eye doctor for closer evaluation, including re-check of prescription.

Also, there is a possibility that problem may have existed but you were able to compensate and suppress it with good control. However, with anxiety you loose the ability to control it, so it manifests. This can also happen with improperly corrected prescription - that is, imbalance between eyes

Please, feel free to clarify any further question(s). I'm here to assist you to your satisfaction.

Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.