Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon
25472284

My left eye is having the following symptoms black string

My left eye is having the following symptoms:
black string like visions float in front and peripherally when indoors
looking up when outside a vision that looks like alot of little black spots

Welcome to Just Answer:

It appears that you are experiencing the symptom of posterior vitreous detachment (PVD). This is common, and usually not harmful. It is not retinal detachment. It often occurs with increasing age when the clear gel inside the eye (vitreous) begins to melt and detach from the back of the eye. The treatment is usually the monitor it, and unless it gets severe and start obstructing/affecting your vision, then the retinal eye specialist would consider removing the melted vitreous. At this time, I suggest that you plan a follow-up visit with your eye doctor for a closer evaluation with a complete eye exam to exclude any associated any of retina at risk for detachment.

Please, feel free to clarify any further question(s). I'm here to assist you to your satisfaction.

Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.