Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye Physician and Surgeon
20222826

I have an odd feeling in left eye...like my eye is wider open

I have an odd feeling in left eye...like my eye is wider open than right eye. At the same time my eye dosn't seem to be able to focus as well as usual. This comes and goes but currently not going! Not sure if odd feeling due to loss of acuity or local to eyelid etc.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. James replied 6 years ago.

When did this start?
What have you tried?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Oct/Nov 2009. Did seem to disappear but recently seems worse.
Seems to feel better if wear my reading glasses for all vision as maybe makes both eyes more blurred?!
Expert:  Dr. James replied 6 years ago.

Dry eyes can give you the sensation that one eye is more closed than the other, when in fact they are open the same. This can also cause problems with the focusing as well. I assume that your doctor checked to see if you need glasses. If not, then that can cause your symptoms as well.

I recommend you use over the counter artificial tears 4-6 times a day and see if it improves. If not, then I'd recommend you re-visit with your eye doctor again.

Remember to press the green ACCEPT button if my answer was helpful. It was a pleasure helping you with your question and feel free to ask any additional follow up questions.