Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon
25472284

in my left eye it feels like there is sleep or soomething there

in my left eye it feels like there is sleep or soomething there but there is nothing. Its not all the time but can happen at any time of the day.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 7 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer:

Any problem with vision? dry eye sensation? gritty or itching?

Other medical problem? medications?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

No not really any proplem with vision, just a feeling of the eye being sticky but its not. Slight cough but I think this is due to a lot of my friends smoking. passivie smoking.

I am not on any medications.

Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 7 years ago.

It appears that you are experiencing the symptoms of dry tear film, with irritation of the cornea and conjunctiva. To resolve this problem, I suggest that you use preservative free tear drop such as Refresh or Genteal drop 4 times daily for 1 week, and then as needed thereafter. If it fails to resolve after 1-2 weeks, then I suggest that you follow-up with your eye doctor for a closer look at your cornea and conjunctiva under the slit-lamp.

Please, feel free to clarify any further question(s). I'm here to assist you to your satisfaction.

Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.