Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Board Certified Ophthalmologist

my left eye is red, tender to touch. vision is like looking

my left eye is red, tender to touch. vision is like looking thru a very thick fog with black particules floating around. was told it is pink eye but does not have any symptoms of pink eye

Hello there

how long has this been going on ? How is the vision ? are you sensitive to lights?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
it started thursday night with the pressure pain in eye then friday morning the blurring started and seems to have gotten worse went to see optomistrist at wal mart to have them check pressure in eye, was told it is pink eye. lights make the blurring in that eye worse but no pain

Hello there

from the symptoms you describe, and the lack of response to the strongest antibiotic we have, it is apparent that you have something more serious than a conjunctivitis (pink eye). More likely, you have an inflammatory condition called iritis or scleritis, both of which are autoimmune inflammatory conditions of the eye and need to be carefully diagnoses and treated by an ophthalmologist. You need to get in tomorrow with an ophthalmologist for proper diagnosis and treatment which usually includes careful use of topical steroids (steroid eye drops). With treatment, this gets better in a matter of a day or two with complete resolution most often in a week or two, I hope this helps, I wish you well, Dr. Stevens

Edited by Dr. Stevens on 1/31/2010 at 7:15 PM EST