Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Board Certified Ophthalmologist
8112280

MY HUSBAND FOR 3 DAY NOW HAS HAD EYE IRRITATION, SENSITIVE

Customer Question

MY HUSBAND FOR 3 DAY NOW HAS HAD EYE IRRITATION, SENSITIVE TO LIGHT, WATERY EYE, VERY PAINFUL. THIS MORNING HIS EYE RED AND IT SEEMS WHEN HE ELEVATES HIS HEAD THE EYE HURTS MORE. IT DOES SEEM TO BE INFLAMATED A BIT AS WELL.

HE HAS HAD SOME SINIS ISSUES THESE PAST FEW DAYS AS WELL.

IN THE PAST HE HAS BEEN TOLD HE HAS SEVER DRY EYE, BUT ALL THE DROPS, AND GEL THAT HE HAS BEEN USING DO NOT HELP, THE HUMIDIFER, NIGHT MASKS. NOTHING AND IT SEEMS THAT EACH ATTACK GET WORSE AND FOR LONGER PERIODS OF TIME.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stevens replied 4 years ago.
Hello there
is this one eye or both ? How is the vision ? does the eye(s) look swollen ? Does he see double at all ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

currently it is one eye, but it can at times be both or one or the other. it is not consistant. He say at points he can not see, the light is painful for his eye. they eye looks puffy. He did not mention seeing double at all.

Hello there

I am pretty concerned about his eye. If this was affecting both eyes and he some redness and irritation, I would be less concerned but the the light sensitivity , particularly affecting one eye is something that needs evaluation promptly. My suggestion is to get in to the Urgent Care if possible and get the eye evaluated. There are Urgent Cares where ophthalmologists are available for consult. Many ophthalmology offices can also see you today since they are in seeing patients who have surgeries performed on a friday so I suggest you get him evaluated. My gut feeling is this is something that will need prescription medication to resolve at this point, we are probably not talking about a small scratch, stye or a dry eye type of issue. I wish him well, Dr. Stevens

Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist
Experience: Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I WILL GET HIM IN TODAY, OUR CONCERN HAS BEEN THAT EVERYTIME WE

HAVE GONE TO LIKE SHOPCO EYE DR AND ONE EYE SPECIALIST IN PERU, THEY HAVE ALL SAID THAT THERE IS NOTHING WRONG, YET THIS NEVER GETS

ANY BETTER.

MAYBE NOW WITH THE REDNESS AND SENSITIVITY TO LIGHT THEY CAN FIND

WHAT THIS REALLY IS.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE.

DENISE ARCE

Denise

I can assure you that if one eye is red and sensitive to light and the other is fine in appearance, there should be other findings to help point to the cause and proper treatment, I think that you do need to see an ophthalmologist rather than an optometrist (who mainly do eye glass exams) for proper diagnosis. Regards XXXXX