Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Board Certified Ophthalmologist
8112280

I am having what looks like a moving curly black hair in my

I am having what looks like a moving curly black hair in my left eye line of vision with occasional vertical lighting to the left side of my left eye.

Hello there

Things that seem to float in your vision are imperfections in the gel in the back of the eye (vitreous). If these are chronic, they are not worrisome unless they are increasing. However, since yours have developed recently, you should have your eyes examined. The reason is that this may simply be floaters in the gel, as a normal consequence of the aging eye, however it may also be a sign of a torn or detaching retina. You should be seen in the next few days, however, if you experience increasing floaters, new flashes of light (often described as an arc of light off to the side), or a blind spot or curtain in your vision, you should be evaluated tomorrow. I hope this helps, Sincerely

Dr. Stevens

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for your quick response I will wait until my appointment on Feb 8th unless like you said it gets worse.

Thank You

Linda Fairbanks

You are welcome, I would call and see if there are any appointments that are available a bit sooner, perhaps sometime next week if possible, just to be on the safe side, Regards XXXXX