Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Board Certified Ophthalmologist

I wake up mornings with my left eye swollen almost all the

I wake up mornings with my left eye swollen almost all the way shut. It stays that way all day and when I go to bed it's only open a little. No one seems to know what's wrong. Had a MRI, just had my eyes checked. what is wrong?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stevens replied 6 years ago.

hello there

how old are you ? when did this start? is the eye completely shut? does it get better with anything ? is it only one eye?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I'm female. I'm 55 years old. It's been going on now for about a month. Been checked for diabetes, had a MRI, Had my eyes checked a few days ago. Nothing seems to help. it is shut to a point where I have only partial vision. All tests came back negative. By the end of the day I'm able to see again but the swelling doesn't go away completely. By the next morning it's just about swollen shut again. no one seems to knoe what it is or what is causing it.
well what exactly did the mri show since there was swelling noted when the mri was done?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
White light but the doctor didn't say anything else
Got it, now it is starting to piece together a bit more. With as little info as I am provided, I think all I can do is to point you in the right direction. I think you need to be evaluated by a Neurologist as soon as reasonable possible, preferably this week. Regards XXXXX