Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Board Certified Ophthalmologist

hit in my left eye..loss of pigment thru the back of my vision

I was hit in my left eye with a baseball,8 years ago. The doctor said I had loss of pigment thru the back of my eye. Since then i still have impact spots in my vision, everything is darker thru my left eye. Is there any treatment for my condition.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stevens replied 6 years ago.

hello there

from the sounds of it, you had some macular involvement as well as optic nerve involvement which is typically why we give steroids. Unfortunately, the damage is done and there is no treatment in 2010 for this condition. If you have not had a recent exam you should be seen as there are treatable conditions that can slowly creep up after eye trauma that can cause distortion in vision. If your vision is stable since the injury, there is no treatment as I stated above. I wish you well, Dr. Stevens