Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Board Certified Ophthalmologist
8112280

for the last 3 months, I have had a blood vesell bust in my right eye

for the last 3 months, I have had a blood vesell bust in my right eye. I suffer from fibomyalgia and rheumatoid athritis, could it be caused from my meds or any idea why?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stevens replied 6 years ago.

Hello there

how many times has it happened? does it clear up and return ? what are your medications? do you also have high blood pressure? bruise easily?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes I do take high blood pressure meds. but my pressure is not high, I took it this morning. I also do the injection enbrel once a week, I take vicoprofin and zydone for pain.

Hello again

What you get is called a subconjunctival hemorrhage. While its appearance can be alarming, it isn't a serious problem. It happens when a blood vessel in the conjunctiva (the white part of the eye) breaks and releases blood. This often tends to occur after frequent sneezing, coughing, after rubbing the eye or for no apparent reason. It tends to happen more frequently in people who have high blood pressure or you use blood thinning medicines, such as asprin, motrin, plavix, vitamin e, coumadin, among others. Vicoprofin is another one of the meds that can cause thinning of your blood. The blood will be reabsorbed into the body within a week or so. There is nothing you can do to make it go away sooner. Usually, there is a sensation of the eye feeling slightly full, or a mild pressure sensation and using artificial tears can help with this symptom. I hope you find this helpful, Dr. Stevens

This link has a pic of a very small hemorrhage

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subconjunctival_hemorrhage