Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon

The muscle around the corner of my left eye feels like it is

Customer Question

The muscle around the corner of my left eye feels like it is having spasms. what could be causing the jerking feeling?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer:

It appears that you have spasm of the left eye muscle due to ocular irritation from a foriegn body particle, or in-turn eyelash or dry eye. To resolve this, you first use either distilled water or clean tap water to thoroughly irrigate your left eye. Then start using preservative free tear drops (Refresh plus or Genteal drops) 4 times daily. If this fails to resolve in 1 week, I suggest that your doctor for closer evaluation under the slit-lamp to remove any particle causing the irritation. Also, if your eye becomes itchy and/or discomfort, you can use over the counter Zaditor drop to soothe your eyes.

Please, feel free to clarify any further question(s). I'm here to assist you until you are satisfied.

I hope this information is helpful. If agree, please press the ACCEPT button for this assist. Thank you so much.

A positive feedback and/or bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

This is for information only and should not replace the recommendation of your doctor.

Edited by Dr. Stan on 1/6/2010 at 10:45 PM EST