Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon
25472284

doctor, sags or bags under the eyes, i understand it is something

doctor, sags or bags under the eyes, i understand it is something to do with poor lymphatic drainage is their any medication you could recommend that may relieve this problem.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer:

The definitive treatment for this problem is eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty). However, in the meantime, you can reduce the bags and sags with regular hot/warm compresses (at least twice daily) over and around the eyes. Regular use of preservative tears drops such as Refresh Plus as needed, and Zaditor (OTC anti-inflammatory drop) to quiet the eye could be beneficial. If you do have any problem with sticky/crusted eyelids/lashes, then eyelid hygiene, and doxycycline 100 mg twice daily for 14 days with a prescription from your doctor would be beneficial.

Please, feel free to clarify any further question(s). I'm here to assist you to your satisfaction.

Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.