Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince

I keep getting a pain behind my left eye. The pain can also

I keep getting a pain behind my left eye. The pain can also be felt and is worse when I press the eye and also the side of my temple, just to the left of the eye. Can you please advise - thanks
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 6 years ago.

You could be suffering from an acute attack of migraine. For the pain you can take tab paracetamol 500 mg twice a day or SOS. To prevent further attacks of migraine you need to take a course of tab Flunarazine 10 mg once a day for one month.

You can get a refraction done later to rule out any refractive error ( though less common to occur after 35 years).

Please feel free to contact me for any clarifications. Clicking "ACCEPT" button pays me for my work. BONUS and POSITIVE FEED BACK are very much appreciated.

Dr A.S.Desai

These answers are for information purpose only and cannot be substituted for a check-up and visit to an ophthalmologist.