Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS OPHTHALMOLOGY (KING GEORGES' MEDICAL UNIVERSITY, LUCKNOW, INDIA), FELLOWSHIP TRAINED
14102772

Hello, I was hit almost point blank last night by a frisbee

Hello, I was hit almost point blank last night by a frisbee at high speed playing ultimate. It hit above the bridge of my nose, but also part of my right eye. I see a bit of flash when I look to the right, and also see a spot in the dark. Do I have a detached retina, and do I need to see a specialist?

HelloCustomer

You must get a dilated eye examination to ensure that everything is fine. There could be a retinal tear, retinal detachment, posterior vitreous detachment(normal ageing change in which the vitreous gel in the back of the eye liquifies) or vitreous hemorrhage. As these conditions except posterior vitreous detachment could be serious, you should see an ophthalmologist early. Thanks and best wishes.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.