Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP
Kindly give some more information regarding your question-
- are you having any itching/irritation/discharge in the affected eye?
- since when are you having the redness in your eye?
- are you on any other medicines like for diabetes/hypertension etc?
- presently or few days back did you have any fever, cough, cold etc?
There is slight itching/irritation but no discharge.
It's been going on for over a month.
I'm taking no medicines for diabetes or hypertension. I take nexium, 10 mg statin and iron for aenemia.
I had a cold about 2 1/2 weeks ago.
Thanks for the information.
Considering your symptoms the possibilities in your case are -
- a severe allergic reaction, more in one eye
- a viral conjunctivitis or eye flu, which typically affects one eye and causes redness, watering and irritation in the eye
- other problems like uveitis or glaucoma etc
I would recommend you to consult an Ophthalmologist for a first hand examination to reach the exact diagnosis and treat accordingly, specially since you have been having the problem since 1 month already.