Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye Physician and Surgeon

Whats the best way to get rid of a black eye

What's the best way to get rid of a black eye?

When did the black eye occur?
What have you tried?
Is it one eye or both eyes?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Black eyes appeared Tusday after an accident on Sunday. There are rings under and on the side (bridge) of my eyes. I look like a football player. Saw my doctor and he said "Just let the body heal itself". While they have improved a little, they are still very noticeable. I just got invited to an event this weekend and I want to speed up the process if possible. I have only used a salve and green tea eye gel which have done nothing. The color is a very dark blue to black with a little red and yellow on the sides...

Help!!! and Thanks!!

I am agreement with your doctor. I understand it looks bad, but black eyes often heal very well but will take a little more time. Makeup and concealer would be the most effective at this point. The black eye is due to blood which has spread in betweent he tissues of the skin. Like any bruise, your body will reabsorb the blood.

Remember to press the green ACCEPT button. It was a pleasure helping you with your question and feel free to ask any additional follow up questions.