Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS OPHTHALMOLOGY (KING GEORGES' MEDICAL UNIVERSITY, LUCKNOW, INDIA), FELLOWSHIP TRAINED
14102772

My eye doctor (also my brother-in-law) has recently told me

My eye doctor (also my brother-in-law) has recently told me I have cataracts/ He has not checked my eyes in over a year. I have no cloudiness in or over my eyes. I wear contact lenses, and can see pretty well. I am just due for a check-up, and he has said I must have glasses--I am assuming for the cataracts. Is there any way I can tell if I do have cataracts, or should I just see another doctor? I honestly don't think that I do have cataracts/

HelloCustomer

The best examnation for detecting cataract is a dilated eye examination on a slit-lamp. For this you can see another opthalmologist. Even an optometrist can tell you that. In the initial stages i.e. early cataract there may not be appreciable vision loss. So, it would be best to see an ophthalmologist/optometrist for confirmation. Thanks and best wishes.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.