Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince

My eyes look very dull, the whites look greyish/very slightly

My eyes look very dull, the whites look greyish/very slightly creamy-yellowy rather than white and somewhat bloodshot, there is a ring around the iris of whiter colour then the rest of the eyeball is this dirty colour ? Should I see a doctor ?

The white ring around iris(which you have observed) is called as Arcus Senalis. This is a kind of degeneration which is age related, seen in the peripheral part of cornea. It does not have much of a significance and can be left alone.

If the white of the eye is not white, and is slightly yellowish, this is due to exposure to dust and sunlight(UV radiation). This color cannot be changed with any medication.

Blood shot eyes are indicative of a subconjunctival haemorrhage. This takes 8 to 10 days to heal and changes color while healing. This can occur even with the most trivial injury or even severe sneezing or coughing. It does not require any treatment as such. You can put Refresh Tears eye drops four times a day for lubrication.

Please feel free to contact me for any clarifications. Clicking "ACCEPT" button pays me for my work. BONUS and POSITIVE FEED BACK are very much appreciated.

Dr A.S.Desai

These answers are for information purpose only and cannot be substituted for a check-up and visit to an ophthalmologist.