Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye Physician and Surgeon
20222826

I developed a bad floater in my eye a month ago. It happened

I developed a bad floater in my eye a month ago. It happened the morning after I had the most amazing orgasms of my life. a couple of weeks later I had another night of crazy sex and performed the most violent blowjob of my life, the mext morning my retina detached. I can't help but think this might have been the cause, is this a possibility? Also 2 weeks after the operation I had sex again,and now I am seeing crooked lines when I read. The gas bubble is gone but my vision is not good. I guess this is two questions, could it be the cause of the detachment and did I have sex too soon after the surgery or is seeing crooked normal.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. James replied 6 years ago.

The strenuous activities contributed some to the development of the retinal detachment but keep in mind that process of a retinal detachment was likely happening within your eye well before undertaking your strenuous activities. Many people develop retinal detachments and are quite sedentary. So, vigorous sex is one of many contributing factors, but not a direct cause of your detachment.

Regarding the crooked vision, this depends on the healing process of the retina. The goal of the surgery is to lay the retina flat against the wall of the eyeball. Crooked lines can be a common occurence in many patients patients. Since your retina is still attached, I don't think having sex 2 weeks after the surgery contributed much to this.

Remember to press the green ACCEPT button. It was a pleasure helping you with your question and feel free to ask any additional follow up questions.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Do you think the crooked lines will go away and my eyesight will improve in time?
Expert:  Dr. James replied 6 years ago.

Sometimes swelling of the retina can cause the crooked lines. This can be treated. If the crooked lines are due to how the retina has healed and how it has redraped on the wall of the eye, it is unlikely to change much. Though your brain will adapt to it over time and you should notice it less.