Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist

I have a heavy uncharacteristic feeling in my right eye. It

I have a heavy uncharacteristic feeling in my right eye. It has been gradually increasing over the last 10 months.
I've been to an optometrist three times and my family physician once. They say my eye and sight seems normal. The optometrist prescribed antibiotic/steroid drops twice and artificial tears, with little change. I'm wondering if something is effecting the nerve or muscle in my eyelids as I'm blinking more in my right eye and I also feeling a slight loss of fine motor use in my right arm. Do you have any suggestions.
Thank you.
Lynn H.

You should see an ophthalmologist. Increased blinking may be due to dryness or some irritation in your eyes. Meibomitis(inflammation of meibomian glands present on lid margin) may be contributing to your dryness. Warm compresses and a lubricating drop like Refresh Tears should help. Any blepharitis needs to be ruled out. Also a dilated eye examination by an ophthalmologist will help to rule out any age related macular degeneration and optic nerve damage. Steroid drops should not be used for long as they can acuse cataaract, glaucoma etc. For your hand problems, you need a neurological examination. You can see your family practitioner. If he feels that you should see a neurologist then see one. Thanks and best wishes.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.