Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist

Hi,My seven year old has had blinking,itching,squinting and

Hi,My seven year old has had blinking,itching,squinting and turning of his eyes upward and sideways for several weeks now.also some light redness.What could it be? Please advise?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 6 years ago.

Is the vision affected?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no that I know of
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 6 years ago.

Your son is most likely to be having allergy in his eyes. This allergy could be vernal conjunctivitis(common at his age) or something else. Turning his eyes upwards and sideways may be due to the irritation because of allergy. However, an examination by an opthalmologist is required to say anything with surity. Your son would require anti-allergy drops and even steroid drops, if allergy is severe. To read more about vernal conjunctivitis, you can follow this link - I hope, it helps. Thanks.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.