Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye Physician and Surgeon
20222826

About 3-4 weeks ago, I was @ dinner when I felt a sharp pain

About 3-4 weeks ago, I was @ dinner when I felt a sharp pain in my eye like an eyelash or piece of hair poked me in the eye, but I don't think that it did, but it has been burning me off & on now since then. Should I get this checked out?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. James replied 7 years ago.

Your symptoms are suggestive of dry eyes or ocular allergies. Over the counter artificial tears 4-6 times a day will help reduce any irritation. Additionally, an anti-allergy eyedrop such as Zaditor twice daily can help with the burning.

Since your symptoms are worsening, yes it would be wise to have an eye doctor look at it.

Remember to press the green ACCEPT button. It was a pleasure helping you with your question and feel free to ask any additional follow up questions.