Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon
25472284

OVER THE PAST 2 MONTHS BOTH OF MY EYES HAS BECOME VERY BLURRY,

Customer Question

OVER THE PAST 2 MONTHS BOTH OF MY EYES HAS BECOME VERY BLURRY, WHAT MAY BE THE CAUSE OFTHIS? IT STARTED OUT IN THE MORNINGS WITH MY EYES GLUED TOGETHER AND I HAD TO OPEN MY EYES WITH MY HAND AND THEY HAD A LOT OF YELLOW PUSS IN THEM AND NOW THE SIGHT IS ALMOST GONE I CAN ONLY SEE BLURRY OBJECTS
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer:

It appears that you have infected eyelid with inflammation and associated dry eyes (Blepharitis). This is common and can be resolved with doxycycline 100 mg by mouth twice daily for 10 to 14 days; eyelid hygiene with 50% diluted baby shampoo used to clear the eyelids/lashes twice daily with hot/warm compresses; Lotemax or Alrex drop twice daily for 1-2 weeks; preservative eye lubricant such as Refresh or Genteal drop 4 times daily. You will need your doctor to authorize the prescription for doxycycline and Lotemax/Alrex. Unfortunately these is no medication like them OTC. These are very effective for condition such as yours. In the meantime, before you see your doctor you can start eyelid hygiene, warm compresses, tears and OTC Zaditor drop (4 times daily) for 1 week.

Please, feel free to clarify any further question(s). I'm always here to assist you until you are satisfied.

I hope this information is helpful. If agree, please press the ACCEPT button for this assist. Thank you so much.

A positive feedback and/or bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

This is for information only and should not replace the recommendation of your doctor.