Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon

My wifes eyes have been diagnosed as follows

My wife's eyes have been diagnosed as follows: primary ERM and Secondary EXARMD. What do these diagnoses mean

Welcome to Just Answer:

ERM means epiretinal membrane and ExARMD means that has age-related macular degeneration. The ERM is paper-thin scar tissue in the area of her macular degeneration. If this is causing significant visual problem, the retinal eye doctor can use remove/peel it off surgical after any other measures fail to reduce it.

Please, feel free to clarify any further question(s). I'm always here to assist you until you are satisfied.

I hope this information is helpful. If agree, please press the ACCEPT button for this assist. Thank you so much.

A positive feedback and/or bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

This is for information only and should not replace the recommendation of your doctor.