Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon

for about 5-6 weeks now, ive been having strange movement

for about 5-6 weeks now, i've been having strange movement in my eyelids,everyday now. could it be allergies? it seems to do it most like when i touch my face, eat, even just out of the blue.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer:

Any itchy eyes?

Any problem with vision?

Any watery eyes?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
my eyes are itchy and dry have been for awhile, i use eyedrops everyday,for years, idont have vision problems, i dont wear glasses, i think there red and dry if i dont put eyedrops, my eyes may depend on drps now.
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for your reply.

It appears that you have eyelid blepharospasm due to chronic ocular allergy and/or severe dry eye syndrome. To resolve this, I suggest you use Zaditor drops (OTC) 2 times daily; Preservative free tear drops (Refresh plus or Genteal drops) 4 times daily, and the gel form at bedtime. Your eye doctor could also start you on Restasis drop to help your eye form better tear, in addition to reducing any chronic infection of the glands that make the tear. If this fails to resolve in 2 weeks, I suggest that your doctor consider other causes of blepharospasm including connective tissue conditions and eyelid and facial nerve sensitization.

Please, feel free to clarify any further question(s). I'm always here to assist you until you are satisfied.

I hope this information is helpful. If agree, please press the ACCEPT button for this assist. Thank you so much.

A positive feedback and/or bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

This is for information only and should not replace the recommendation of your doctor.