Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
25407765

i move my left eye i know in the fact my eye is always dry What

Happy new year
I am 60 y.o man living in Florida,for the last 3 days my left eye was eatching and i had very small black line moving when i move my left eye i know in the fact my eye is always dry
What i should do?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 7 years ago.

For dry eyes it is safe to put Refresh tears eye drops , one drop 4 times a day.

A small black line moving could indicate a kind of floater in the eye which is seen when the fluid at the back of the eye undergoes degeneration. It is not so significant and can be ignored unless it is associated with other eye complaints like reduced vision/ cloudy vision.

Itching of eyes is usually indicative of allergy of the eyes ( to anything eg dust, pollen,mite It requires a course of anti allergy eye drops like olopatadine 1 drop twice a day for 2 weeks

Wish you a happy new year too!

Dr A.S.Desai

These answers are for information purpose only and cannot be substituted for a check-up and visit to an ophthalmologist.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
There is any medication i can use to remove the kind of black floater from my left eye
thank you

No there is medication to remove floaters from the eyes as such. When trivial it is best to ignore.

Only when the floater becomes large or is associated with other eye symptoms do we intervene depending on the cause.

Dr.A.S.Desai

Dr A.S.Desai