Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye Physician and Surgeon

close & the other lens was going to be for distance..pain in my eye

I had a cateract removed 7 weeks ago & replaced with a lens to see up close & the other lens was going to be for distance. The doctor wants to procede with my other eye even though I am having problems with the first eye. It is blurry, tires easily, & I have pain in my eye. I am afraid to have the other eye done until this is corrected. The doctor is saying there is scar tissue from trauma & it cannot be removed until it is larger. I am really afraid. What should I do, & is this common?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. James replied 6 years ago.

Which eye has the scar tissue -- the recently operated eye or the one scheduled for surgery?
What is the reason for the discomfort after the surgery?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The recently operated eye
Expert:  Dr. James replied 6 years ago.

It appears the discomfort and light sensitivity is due to dry eyes. For patients who are still healing and in some discomfort, it is very reasonable to postpone the surgery in the other eye until a later time. Talk to your surgeon and I'm sure he'll understand.

Remember to press the green ACCEPT button. It was a pleasure helping you with your question and feel free to ask any additional follow up questions.